Know Your Rights – Shareable Resources
Videos (Good for sharing on social media)
Know your rights when ICE visits (from ACLU) in English and Spanish
- (English) What to do if immigration agents (ICE) are at your door (video in Spanish with English subtitles, supporting material in English)
- (Spanish) What to do if immigration agents (ICE) are at your door
If Questioned About Your Immigration Status in English and Spanish (ACLU)
- (English) What to do if questioned about your immigration status
- (Spanish) What to do if questioned about your immigration status
Additional Info for Non-Citizens:
- (English) Additional Information for non-citizens
Written resources (Good for providers and families to read)
Printable cards with info on what to do if stopped by police, immigration agents, or the FBI
- ACLU pocket pamphlet: English
- National Immigration Law Center RIGHTS CARD (PDF): Arabic | Farsi | Somali | Spanish
Immigrant Safety Plan for Youth and Children (Legal Counsel for Youth and Children)
This is useful for parents and providers to know what documents you should have and to help create a plan in case of potential detainment or deportation
American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU) Pamphlet
The American Civil Liberties Union created a very helpful pamphlet that addresses what rights you have when you are stopped, questioned, arrested, or searched by law enforcement officers. The booklet is for citizens and non-citizens, with information for non-citizens in a separate section. Please note that while this booklet is informative and accurate, it is not a substitute for legal advice. Links to this downloadable pamphlet in several languages below:
The following pages are great resources for community members interested in learning more about their rights or looking for legal services.
- Washington Law Help provides Immigration resources in multiple languages.
- Northwest Justice Project (NJP) provides free civil legal services to low-income people.
- Columbia Legal Services provides free civil legal services to people who are low-income or have special legal needs throughout Washington State.
- U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services
- Summary of US Immigration Law