This week’s topics:
- Take Action in 20 seconds – Thank lawmakers for ECEAP investments!
- Head Start Advocacy – Congressional Hill Visit 2021 & FY2022 asks
- Racial Equity Classroom & Parenting
- Resources & Links
Thank Your Lawmakers for Historic Investments in Early Learning!
Wow, what a week! Lawmakers in both the House and Senate passed historic investments in Early Learning programs in their proposed budgets (summarized in detail by our friends at StartEarly). The budgets are still different from each other and details will be worked out in the next few weeks, but we’re going into that negotiation in a very strong position. Among the things that are funded in at least one budget:
- 10% rate increase for ECEAP (Senate – House has 7%)
- 1750 new slots in the next 2 years (Senate – House has 750)
- Complex Needs Fund for ECEAP and Child Care
- Early ECEAP expansion for children 0-3
- Working Connections eligibility for all AA full time students meeting income requirements (including students getting AA-transfer degrees)
- Funding for facilities expansion, renovation, repair and COVID improvements
- Eligibility for Working Connections Child Care (WCCC) Subsidy expanded to 60% of State Median Income (about 230% of federal poverty level)
- WCCC copays reduced for parents and rates increased for providers
- And much, much more!
Please take 20 seconds to thank your lawmakers for this AMAZING investment!