- House Committee Passes bill creating Universal Pre-K, increasing Head Start wages and more!
- Early Learning Chess Opportunity
- Health Institute
- COVID Resources
- Links and Resources
WOW! Amazing Early Learning Investments Coming Our Way!
- $15 billion (2.5 billion a year) to Head Start programs to increase salaries to compete with K-12
- Universal preschool for all 3 and 4 year olds, based on the Head Start classroom model and in mixed delivery settings (i.e. schools, child care, nonprofit, Head Start programs, etc)
- Expands child care subsidy eligibility to 200% of SMI ($105K for a family of 4 in WA)
- Reduce child care co-pays so families earning less than 75% of state median income (SMI – $77K for a family of 4 in WA) pay nothing and all families pay no more than 7% of their household income.
- Increase support to providers for subsidized care so workers are earning a living wage, comparable to K-12.
Learning Opportunity! Use Chess in Your Classroom!
Health Training Opportunity!
We’re partnering with Head Start California to give health staff in Washington access to a three-day, virtual conference experience on Oct. 25-27. Look forward to 35+ sessions, three live keynotes, interactive Q&A sessions, & exciting networking opportunities at the HSC Virtual Health Institute. Can’t make it Oct. 25-27th? Purchasing the conference grants, you access to all content for 30 days post event! Registration is $50 off with the promo code WAHEALTH21!
Register now for the HSC Virtual Health Institute, Oct 25-27. Have you attended a virtual conference? It’s never been easier or more fun! You can connect with colleagues & interact LIVE with most speakers during their scheduled Q&A session. Morning fitness classes, stretch breaks, and an after-conference networking session are included! No special computer equipment is needed. Take a look at the session catalog
COVID Vaccine and Mask Requirement Resources
- Department of Health (DOH) Guidance for Child Care, Youth Development, and Day Camps During COVID-19
- Vaccine Mandate Frequently Asked Questions from the Governor’s Office
- COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement FAQ for Child Care, Early Learning, and Youth Development Providers
- DOH COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement for Health Care Workers, Providers, and Settings Q&A
- DOH COVID-19 Resources and Recommendations
- COVID-19 Safety Protocols for Higher Education Institutions
- Religious Exemption Form Template (Microsoft Word version here)
- Religious Guidance Template (Microsoft Word version here)
- Disability-Related (Medical) Exemption Form Template (Microsoft Word version here)
- Guidance for child care programs
- COVID-19 Vaccines for Teachers, School Staff, and Childcare Workers
- COVID-19 Vaccine Toolkit for School Settings and Childcare Programs
- Guidance for Schools and Childcare Programs: Before and During an Outbreak
- Supplemental Guidance for Child Care Programs that Remain Open
Resources we’ve collected this week
Have a great week!